”Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.” — Dalai Lama
We decided to do this a few years ago, after traveling to China. Now, every year for Christmas, our gift to each other is an international trip. We have traveled to 32 states in the continental US, 19 countries, and 4 continents so far. We have been to some amazing places, many of which we would like to visit again. When we started traveling, we didn’t think about documenting our journey around the world, resulting in years worth of amateur photos, taken with iPhones…bad angles and horrific lighting! Nonetheless, they’re priceless imagery of our journey thus far. Bare with us, as we share some of our past travel destinations…and lack of photography skills!
We are currently in the process of planning our trip for this year, complete with a camera upgrade. We won’t move forward with international travel plans due to the ongoing threat of the coronavirus, but we look forward to knocking off a few of the remaining states on our list! Here are a few travel tips to keep yourself and fellow passengers healthy:
• Wash those hands…make sure you’re washing long enough (20 seconds people).
• Give your immune system a little boost with some extra vitamin c.
• Stay hydrated and well rested.
• Sanitize “high touch” areas. Wipe down surfaces such as tray tables, seat armrests, and lavatory door handles with an alcohol-based wipe or gel before use.
• Avoid touching restroom surfaces.
• Ask sick passengers near you to observe cold and flu etiquette. If someone near you isn’t covering coughs or sneezes, ask him to, even if it makes you feel awkward to do so. And be sure you do the same. OR save yourself the trouble and wear a mask.
• If you aren’t feeling well… coughing, sneezing, fever…here’s the best suggestion of all… STAY HOME! Keep your germs to yourself, trust me on this, no one else wants them!